Buzz returned home to his mom on a 90-day trial basis. I really believe that he’ll be able to stay with her and everything will work out but just in case (and because it’s good excuse for a break), we’re not planning on taking any new placements for 3 months. That means lots of time to get stuff done: rest, regroup, reorganize, rearrange, restock, etc.
Here are my goals for the next 3 months:
• Take Ali to visit our friends in Cincinnati
• Visit our previous hometown Erie, PA and introduce Ali to her only great grandparent – Jason’s grandma who she was named after (and other friends and family, too!)
• Clean out and organize the garage. More. Again.
• Clean, rearrange the kids room
• Organize and store extra kids clothing in the closet for easier access
• Reorganize the playroom (pack up or give away toys that Ali has outgrown)
• Stock the freezer with meals again
• Celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Ali’s adoption day
• Transition Ali into a big girl bed (AKA take the side off of her crib)
Note: On both Saturday and Sunday I was blessed by a little girl falling asleep in her car seat and transferring easily into her bed. Night time has had a few bumps but overall she’s doing really, really well. I’ll write more about the transition from crib to bed if anyone wants to hear about it.
• Potty train Ali
• Clean out the van
• Clean and store spare car seats
• Sell the Mercedes and get another van (we love our van so much that we want a second one!)
• Take Ali to Dollywood while Jason’s playing there
• provide respite for another foster family
• decide what I want to do with the rest of my life
3 trips, lots of cleaning and organizing, lots of time spent with our little girl