At our last house, I designed a combined nursery and kids room as we were becoming foster parents. It had to be suited for 1 or 2 kids, either gender, newborn up to age 5…all within a 10×11 bedroom. In our new house, we’ll have a nursery for Precious and another bedroom that’s set up for our future foster kids. I’m not really sure what parameters we’ll set next time around so I’m planning this room for 1 or 2 kids, boys or girls, ages 2-12. The room is approximately 10×12. We already own the bed, dresser, curtain, book ledges, owl, sheets and chair. The rest would be new purchases.
1. Sherwin WIlliams Mélange Green – accent wall color
2. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa – other three walls
3. IKEA VANDRING RÄV duvet cover and pillow case $20
4. Woodland shower curtain from Target Home (as window curtain) – no longer available
5. Owl wall art – vintage
6. Dresser – vintage
7. IKEA VANDRING RÄV Soft toy, set of 2 $8
8. Jimco orange lamp with drum shade from Lowes $40
9. IKEA KURA reversible loft bed $199
10. IKEA RIBBA picture ledges (to use as book ledges), x2, $10 each
11. Target Home 325 Thread Count Wrinkle Free Sheet Set – Blue Diamond $28
12. Chair – vintage
13. IKEA RINGUM 2′ round rug in green, x3, $10
Floor Plan (to scale)
2-12?? No more babies?
For THIS bedroom anyway. Just because I don’t want to put a crib in there with the bunk beds. If we get called for another baby, I guess we’ll figure it out.