I sketched out the plan for our new kitchen in my moleskine journal:
Basically, I want walnut-stained wood cabinet doors on the base cabinets and white wall cabinets. Somewhere on the same wall as the refrigerator, I want a small open shelf for our everyday dishes and glasses. Plus, a whole lot of specifics that won’t matter to anyone but us.
These are my inspiration kitchens:
Source: Uploaded by user via Martina on Pinterest
Source: designsponge.com via Martina on Pinterest
Source: designsponge.com via Martina on Pinterest.
The good thing about our house taking so long is that we have time to change our minds about things as many times as we want. For example, at first we thought we wanted all white cabinets. Now we want half white, half walnut. We thought about doing soapstone countertops or concrete countertops…now we’re set on kashmire granite.
Here’s my inspiration board, our plan for the kitchen (not that we can’t still change our minds!):
1. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa – (main color throughout the house)
2. IKEA MINUT pendant 10″ globe lights $30 each
3. White upper wall cabinets
4. 3×6 glass subway tiles for backsplash
5. Delta 9159-DST Trinsic with pull down single handle
6. Double under mount sink (50/50) with lower center wall
7. Kashmire (Cashmere) Granite countertops
8. Woodland Garden 2×3 from Urban Outfitters $18
9. Walnut-stained (probably cherry wood) base cabinets
10. Hickory wood floors
11. Tabouret counter-height metal stools $40 each
12. Whirlpool White Ice appliances
Sounds exciting. Good luck,
ohwow. I’m drooling over my mental image of what your kitchen will look like!