Advertisements

A Year Ago {glimpse of east nashville atomic}

Our little East Nashville Atomic ranch is an ever-changing canvas. I love that we’re always removing boring items (from IKEA mostly) and replacing them with rare & interesting collectibles.

I was just looking back at the wonderful photos we had taken last October by the very talented photographer, Beth Rose Goin. There are a couple of publications I’d like to submit photos to but I just can’t bear to send these off knowing how much the rooms have changed since they were taken. Here is one of the few corners of our house that has not changed much in the past 14 months:

livingroom

I think I may just have to hire Beth Rose in the spring for another shoot.

Advertisements

6 Responses to A Year Ago {glimpse of east nashville atomic}

1. Amy says:

beautiful!!!!!! i love that couch! is it ikea??? if not, there’s one just like it there that i’m dying to have. too bad i already have a couch & loveseat that i spent $1300 on or so!

• Martina says:

Yep, it’s from IKEA. It’s a couch + chaise with the chaise in the corner spot. We love it! It’s about the size of 2 single beds and therefore people fall asleep on it all the time, including Jason and I.

2. Rebecca says:

love the room! where did you find the shelf? That would be so perfect in my home.

• mahlbrandt says:

Thanks! It’s from IKEA.

• Rebecca says:

I have the 2009 & 2010 catalog and I don’t see it in there. Will I have to go to the store to find it? I hope it hasn’t been discontinued! 😦 BTW, I wish I had such large fantastic windows as you do!

• mahlbrandt says:

Rebecca, I think you might be right. I had no idea it was discontinued. We’ve had it probably 4 years or more. I just looked on the website as well and couldn’t find it. I wish I could remember the name.