We had a great weekend with our friends Dave and Emily visiting from PA. I didn’t take any pictures over the weekend, though. Whoops!
Here are a few highlights:
• Hatch Show Print on Friday afternoon
• Buca di Beppo for dinner
• The guys jammed together while the girls enjoyed the almost 80º weather with a walk Saturday morning
• Lunch at Baja Fresh
• Mac store, mall, thrift stores* and chillin at Dan & Ginger’s house
* got 2 new MCM treasures! I’ll share later this week
• Party Saturday night with bonfire and games. Lots of yummy fall food: hot dogs, smores, cheese dip, homemade soft pretzels, homemade donuts, hot spiced apple cider
• Sunday church and then lunch at another friend from PA’s house
• A restful evening at home Sunday
We said our goodbyes on Monday morning. Hopefully D&E will be back to the promised land soon! I’m thankful I took the day off Monday to get caught up around the house and get a nap after a fun but busy weekend!
More about our tiling adventures tomorrow!
The most creative part of the bathroom remodel so far is definitely picking out the tile. We fell in love with .75″ x .75″ unglazed porcelain (or ceramic) tiles but they can be a bit pricey. Local stores and online retails both sell them from around $6 / sq. ft. all the way up to $12 or more. That adds up quickly when you’re buying 120 sq ft.
The look we’re going for is something like the picture above. We wanted to do all 1 color but we found a fantastic 40% off sale online with limited quantities. They only had around 50% of what we needed in our top color choice, Mint Julep, so a combination in a random pattern needed to be created. Jason picked out some color ideas (based on price and availability) and I made mock ups so we could decide:
1: 50% mint julep, 25% fog, 25% cascade
2: 50% mint julep, 50% cascade
3: 50% mint julep, 25% fog, 25% camo
4: 50% mint julep, 25% fog, 25% topaz
The tile has been ordered EEEK! Biggest expense of the project is out of the way.
What is your favorite? Anyone want to take any guesses which combination we decided?