Strong Foundations: Bible Verses for a New House

Strong Foundations: Bible Verses for Each Room of the House from myMCMlife.com

Before the drywall was installed in our new home, I decided to mark several of the studs throughout the house with certain Bible verses. Some of these verses have to do with the room and the purpose it will serve and some are more personal. I thought I’d share which verses I used in case anyone else out there is looking for ideas like I was…and also for my own reference since these are all sealed up beneath insulation and drywall now.

Entry Doors:

Deuteronomy 28:6
You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.

Heart of the Home:

Joshua 24:15
… But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Kitchen:

Proverbs 30:8-9
Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches— Feed me with the food allotted to me; Lest I be full and deny You, And say, “Who is the LORD?” Or lest I be poor and steal, And profane the name of my God.

Dining Room:

Colossians 2:6-7
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

Living Room:

Psalm 133:1
A song of ascents. Of David. How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!

(I forgot to take a picture of the living room wall.)

Master Bedroom:

1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

(I forgot to take a picture of the master bedroom wall.)

Master Closet:

Colossians 3:14
But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

Strong Foundations: Bible Verses for Each Room of the House from myMCMlife.com

Bedroom for future foster kids:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Alianna’s room:

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Playroom (Den, Spare Bedroom):

Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Bathrooms:

Psalm 51:7
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Office:

Isaiah 40:30-31
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Music Room:

Psalm 98:4
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the LORD with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn— shout for joy before the LORD, the King.

About these ads

19 Responses to Strong Foundations: Bible Verses for a New House

1. Mama says:

I love that you have bathed your home in scriptures, and I love the verses you picked! May God fill the house with His very presence and may you have frequent and permanent supernatural “visitors” ( angels, in other words). Love you.

2. Instant Mama says:

Love this – such perfect verses too!

3. Jerry says:

My wife and I thought about writing scriptures in our new construction home pre-drywall and we were about to do our research when I decided to do a quick google search for some verses. By the grace of God, I found this page and we love each verse you used. Thank you so much for sharing and I hope it makes you feel good to know that you helped this young couple cover our first home with the words of God and all his goodness. God bless!

4. Alida says:

My husband and I are having our first home built and I was researching on some scriptures to stand on for our new home and found this site. It has really touched me and I will be using this same idea for our home. I love all the scriptures. Thanks and God Bless you!!!

5. Dee says:

This is perfect! We are blessed to be building a new home and I am so glad I found your site. I love the verses you used. I want to use them for our house too. I wis you and your family many years of happiness in your new home. Thank you for postings your ideas. God is so good, ALL the time. : )

6. Donna says:

I am building a new home for me and my two boys. A friend of mine suggested writing scriptures on the floors. I decided to do that in each room of our new home. As a single mother, I need all the blessings I can get. As I googled this morning to start finding scriptures, I ran across yours and it is absolutely perfect! Thanks for sharing and may God bless you in special ways!!

7. shelad says:

My husband and I are also building a home after fours years of marriage. We had the foundation Blessed and anointed. I too, like others, wanted scriptures within the home. This is such a great idea. I plan to use these in my home as well as scriptures for the pantry and laundry rooms. Love your spirit and home dedications.

8. Nicole says:

Thank you for sharing and may God continue to bless you! In anticipation to having my home built I too was searching for scripture to write on the foundation and frame of this home. Your examples are perfect and I’m so happy to find other brothers and sisters in Christ who knows He’s to be the center of our lives!

9. BRK says:

God bless you.

10. reed says:

These are very powerful scriptures for my home thank you guys so much God Bless Perfect Timing <3 May You Please Pray that Everything Will Grant Us Our Hearts Desire!

• Pastor. Suresh Babu. Ravi says:

Dear Beloved Reed,

God has fullfill all your desires. I am Pastor from India, May God Bless you and Your family

11. Hailey says:

Thank you for this posting of these scriptures. This was a light and foundation to our new house in Ponca, Arkansas! God’s blessings to you!

12. Barbara Spell says:

This is so wonderful. May God continue to bless you and your family.

13. Fe Salvacion T. Orbe says:

Thanks for sharing the verses.My husband and I have just started our house construction with our 3 children. We have decided to build our house out of faith to God that He will help us and bless us so we can finish it soon. God is really the foundation of this house that we are building. I like the verses you shared, and if you won’t mind I will also use these on the foundation and frame of our home. I trust the Lord will bless your entire family for having Him as the center of your lives.

14. A. Riesen says:

Thank you for sharing! Your page has been a blessing. :)

15. Anne says:

March 16, 2014

Hi Martina:

Thank you for the Scriptures. This is perfect! As a single mother, I need all the blessings I can get . I love the verses you used. I want to use them for my new apartment. I hope one day soon, I can build a new house and make it a home. I wish you and your family many years of happiness in your new home. Thank you for postings your ideas. God is so good, ALL the time. : )

16. Jen says:

Thank you for posting this! I have been gathering verses for our new home construction and found this on a search. Some of these are perfect to add to the ones we were collecting. Many Thanks! Bless you!

17. Rama says:

Amazing!! We have been through a lot building our first new home. If it is coming up..its purely God’s Grace and His Mercies!! for its coming up against every and all odds!! I would always feel that every inch of my house and every breath in me should be filled with The WORD..and your idea showed me a another way!! Thank you. God Bless You Mightily and use you for the expansion of HIS KINGDOM!!

18. Lisa Wehrung says:

Absolutely love this idea! We are about to break ground on a new home, and we are SO going to DO THIS!! Thank you so much for sharing!